INTRODUCTION TO ROBI CLOUD
Welcome to Robi Cloud: the most secure and updated system for file sync and share. Robi prides itself for its tech savvy user community. We at Robi, understand the importance of keeping your files safe.
Short of space in your device? Upload them on Robi Cloud and access your files anytime, from anywhere!
So, we give you Robi Cloud, the most advanced and secure system for saving information and files, in your own cloud space.
Now upload files from your computer or your Android device. All your uploads will be secure and private in Robi Cloud. You can upload files of any types and format. Documents, presentations, videos, picture.
Enjoy the power of cloud computing, delivered to you by Robi!
THE ROBI CLOUD WEB INTERFACE
You can connect to your Robi Cloud account using any Web browser; just follow the web link for Robi Cloud http://cloud.robi.com.bd/ and enter with your username and password.
Figure 1 : Robi Cloud login window
Know your User Interface
By default, the Robi Cloud interface opens to your Files page. Once you are logged in, you can start adding, removing and sharing files.
Figure 2 : Main User Interface
The Robi Cloud Main User Interface contains the following fields and functions:
- Apps Selection Menu: Located in the upper left corner, click the arrow to open a dropdown menu to navigate to your various available apps.
- Apps Information field: You'll find it in the left sidebar, this provides filters and tasks associated with your selected app. For example, when you are using the Files apps you have a special set of filters for quickly finding your files, such as files that have been shared with you, and files that you have shared with others. You'll see different items for other apps.
- Application View: The main central field in the user interface. This field displays the contents or user features of your selected app.
- Navigation Bar: Located over the main viewing window (the Application View), this bar provides a type of breadcrumbs navigation that allows you to migrate to higher levels of the folder hierarchy up to the root level (home).
- New button: Located in the Navigation Bar, the button enables you to create new files, new folders, or upload existing files from a specified link.
Note: You can also drag and drop files from your file manager into the Robi Cloud Files Application View to upload them. Currently, the only Web browsers that support drag-and-drop folders are Chrome and Chromium.
- Upload button: Located next to the button in the Navigation Bar, the button opens a file picker for uploading files.
- Search field: The Search field is in the upper right hand corner of your Web interface, for searching for files.
Personal Settings menu: Click on your username in the right of the Search field, to open your Personal Settings dropdown menu. Your Personal page provides the following settings and features:
- Links to download desktop and mobile apps
- Re-run the First Run Wizard
- Server usage and space availability
- Password management
- Name, email, and profile picture settings
- Interface language settings
- Manage notifications
FILES & SYNCHRONIZATION
Accessing your Files Using the Web Interface
Robi Cloud files can be accessed from your Robi Cloud web interface. You can create, preview, edit, delete, share, and re-share files.
RobiCloud will show thumbnail previews for different sorts of files such as image files, MP3 covers, and text files. Place your cursor over a file or folder, and following controls will reveal.
- Favorites: Click the star to the left of the file icon to mark it as a favorite.
- Pencil icon: Rename a file or folder. This does not alter the filename on the original document.
- Download: Download the file to your computer.
- Versions: Displays older versions, if there are any, and you can revert to an older file version.
- Share: Share the file or folder with a group or other users, and create public shares with hyperlinks.
- Trash: Delete the selected file or folder, or unshare a shared file or folder.
How do I preview my files?
You can display uncompressed/unzipped text files, documents, videos, and image files in the Robi Cloud embedded viewers by clicking on the file name. If Robi Cloud cannot display a file, it starts a download process and downloads the file to your computer.
How do I navigate inside my Robi Cloud?
Navigating through folders in is as simple as clicking on a folder to open it and using the back button onyour browser to move to a previous level. You can also navigate using the navigation bar at the top of the Files field for quick navigation.
Figure 3: Navigation bar
The navigation bar functions as a "breadcrumb" locator. It displays your current directory and enables you to migrate back to one of the upper directories or, using the home icon, to navigate back into your root folder.
Are my files/folders shared or not?
Any folder that has been shared is marked with the overlay icon. Public link shares are marked with a chainlink. Un-shared folders are blank.
How do I create new files or folders?
Robi Cloud enables you to create new files or folders directly in a Robi Cloud folder by clicking on the New button in the Files app.
The New button provides the following three options from which to choose:
Text file creates a simple text file and adds the file to your current folder.
Folder creates a new folder in the current folder.
From link Downloads a file from a URL that you type or copy into the form field, and places it into the current folder.
How do I upload files?
Up arrow the upward-point arrow is for uploading files from your computer into Robi Cloud. You can also upload files by dragging and dropping them from your file manager.
How do I select Files or Folders?
You can select one or more files or folders by clicking on the small thumbnails or icons that represent them. Whenyou select a file or folder, a small checkbox is populated with a check to indicate that it is selected. To select all filesin the current directory, you can click on the checkbox located at the top of the Files app field, above the first file or folder on the list.
If you select multiple files, you can delete all of the selected files or download them as a ZIP file by using the Delete or Download buttons at the top right side of the Files app field.
How do I move files?
Using the Robi Cloud web interface, you can move files and folders by dragging and dropping them into any directory.
How do I share files locally?
You can share files or folders on Robi Cloud with any person online with a public link. Shared files and folders are labeled with the triangular share icon, and the status shared.
To create a local share with other users or groups on your Robi Cloud server:
1. Hover your cursor over an item on the Files page
2. Click the Share icon
3. Type the name of the user or group that you want to share with.
If you want to share with more than one, you have to create each share separately. Check the permissions you want the user or group to have, and optionally send them an email notification.
When you want to revoke a share, simply click the Trashcan icon next to the name of the appropriate user or group in the Shared dialog.
How Do I manage Deleted Files?
When you delete a file in Robi Cloud, it is not immediately deleted permanently. Instead, it is moved into the trash bin.
It is not permanently deleted until you manually delete it, or when the Deleted Files app deletes it to make room for new files.
Find your deleted files by clicking on the Deleted files button on the Files page of the Robi CloudWeb interface. You'll have options to either restore or permanently delete files.
Visit your Personal page in your Robi Cloud Web interface to find download links for Android and iOS mobile sync in order to sync files.
Android App: Robi Cloud
As a user, you can manage your personal settings using our settings options.
To access your personal settings:
1. Click on your username in the top, right corner of your Robi Cloud instance.
The Personal Settings Menu opens.
2. Choose Personal from the drop down menu.
The Personal Settings Page then opens in the main viewing window.
Usage and available quota
Appearing at the top of the page, this information provides the amount of space used and available (in Megabytes).
Enables you to change your password. To change your password, you must provide your current password along withyour new password. When creating a new password, Robi Cloud provides a dynamic password strength indicator for your assistance.
Note: If you would like the ability to recover your password through e-mail, specify your email address in the Email
Enables you to specify your full name. This name appears at the top of the Personal Settings Menu.
Enables you to specify a new avatar (profile image) that identifies you on the Robi Cloud server. By default, the profilepicture is the first initial of your username. You can choose to keep the letter designation, upload a new image from an external source, or select an image from any existing images in your Robi Cloud folders.
Enables you to change your web interface language, if you want to override the browser settings.
Enables you to specify a location (folder) to which newly created documents are saved.